Introduction: Skandagiri, also known as Kalavara Durga, is a breathtaking hill fortress located in the Indian state of Karnataka. Famous for its night treks and panoramic sunrise views, Skandagiri beckons adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. If you’re planning to undertake the thrilling Skandagiri night trek, this article will guide you through the journey and provide essential information about the trek’s distance.
1. Getting to Skandagiri: Before diving into the trek’s distance, it’s crucial to know how to reach Skandagiri. The hill is situated approximately 70 kilometers from Bangalore, making it easily accessible from the city.
2. Distance from Bangalore: The distance from Bangalore to Skandagiri is approximately 70 kilometers, and the journey usually takes around 2 to 3 hours by road, depending on traffic conditions. There are two common routes to reach Skandagiri from Bangalore:
- Route 1: Via NH75 (Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway): This is the most straightforward route. From Bangalore, take the NH75 towards Chikkaballapur. After reaching Chikkaballapur, proceed towards Kalavara village, which serves as the base point for the trek.
- Route 2: Via NH44 (Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway): An alternative route is to take NH44 and then connect to SH74 towards Chikkaballapur. From there, follow the road to Kalavara village.
3. Trekking Distance: The trekking distance at Skandagiri can vary slightly depending on the trail and the starting point chosen. Generally, the trek covers a distance of approximately 8 to 10 kilometers, including the ascent and descent.
4. Trekking Difficulty: The Skandagiri night trek is considered moderately challenging due to steep ascents, rocky terrain, and limited visibility during the night. Trekkers are advised to be in good physical condition and well-prepared with suitable footwear and gear.
5. Trek Duration: The trek typically begins in the late evening or early night, allowing trekkers to reach the summit in time for the mesmerizing sunrise. The trekking duration can vary, but it usually takes 4 to 5 hours to ascend and descend the hill.
6. Moonlit Magic: One of the unique aspects of the Skandagiri night trek is the opportunity to hike under the moonlight. The experience of navigating the trail by the silvery glow of the moon adds an enchanting dimension to the adventure.
7. Sunrise Spectacle: Reaching the summit just before sunrise rewards trekkers with a breathtaking view of the sun rising over the distant hills, casting a warm and ethereal glow over the landscape.
Conclusion: Embark on the Skandagiri Adventure The distance from Bangalore to Skandagiri is not only a physical journey but also a thrilling adventure into the realm of nature’s beauty and the magic of moonlit trekking. As you make your way to the summit, the anticipation of witnessing the sunrise from atop Skandagiri’s rocky cliffs is an experience that will stay with you forever. So, prepare for an unforgettable adventure, conquer the distance, and be enchanted by the allure of Skandagiri’s night trek.