Living in Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India, means being surrounded by an unending cycle of city bustle. However, it also entails proximity to a range of stunning destinations perfect for one-day getaways. Whether you’re a nature lover, a history buff, a thrill-seeker, or a spiritual soul, there’s a one-day trip from Bangalore sure to satiate your wanderlust. Here are some top picks:
1. Nandi Hills: Just 60 km away from Bangalore, Nandi Hills offers an idyllic escape from the city’s hubbub. Known for its mesmerizing sunrise views and historical relevance, a trip to Nandi Hills can be both calming and intriguing.
2. Ramanagara: Fondly known as the ‘Silk City’, Ramanagara, located about 50 km from Bangalore, is a haven for adventure enthusiasts. Famous for rock climbing, it’s also a must-visit for cinema lovers as it served as the backdrop for the iconic movie ‘Sholay’.
3. Bannerghatta National Park: A day trip to the Bannerghatta National Park, approximately 25 km from Bangalore, is a treat for wildlife enthusiasts. Home to a zoo, a pet corner, an animal rescue center, a butterfly enclosure, and a safari park, it provides a fascinating glimpse into the world of diverse fauna.
4. Mysore: Though around 145 km from Bangalore, Mysore is worth the travel. Rich in culture and history, it boasts landmarks like the Mysore Palace, the Chamundi Hills, and the St. Philomena’s Church. Mysore is also famous for its silk sarees and the sweet delicacy, Mysore Pak.
5. Skandagiri: For those who don’t mind an early start, Skandagiri, located about 70 km from Bangalore, offers an exhilarating sunrise trek. With ancient ruins at the peak and panoramic views of the surroundings, it’s an ideal spot for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
6. Lepakshi: Located about 120 km from Bangalore, Lepakshi is an architectural marvel. Home to the historic Veerabhadra Temple with its fascinating murals and the largest monolithic Nandi, it is a treat for history and architecture buffs.
7. Savandurga: Around 50 km away from Bangalore, Savandurga is one of the largest monolith hills in Asia. Offering challenging trekking trails and stunning vistas, it’s a favorite among adventurers.
8. Srirangapatna: Approximately 125 km from Bangalore, Srirangapatna is an island town with historical and religious significance. The Srirangapatna Fort, Daria Daulat Bagh, and the Ranganathaswamy Temple are must-visits.
These destinations, each unique in what they offer, provide refreshing retreats from city life and can be covered comfortably in a day. So, the next time you feel the need for a quick escape, just pick a spot and hit the road. Happy travelling!