For those seeking a nature-filled escape without delving into intense mountaineering, Bangalore and its surroundings offer a variety of easy treks that are perfect for beginners and casual hikers. These treks allow you to immerse yourself in the beauty of the outdoors while enjoying scenic vistas, lush landscapes, and a sense of accomplishment. Here are a few easy treks near Bangalore to consider:
1. Nandi Hills:
Nandi Hills is not only a popular sunrise spot but also offers easy trekking trails. The gentle ascend to the hilltop rewards you with panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
Savandurga, one of the largest monolithic hills in Asia, features two trekking trails—Karigudda and Billigudda. While the trails may involve some steep sections, they are suitable for beginners with a moderate fitness level.
3. Skandagiri (Kalavara Durga):
Skandagiri, also known as Kalavara Durga, offers a relatively easy night trek that leads to a historic fort and captivating sunrise views. The experience is not only adventurous but also serene.
Makalidurga’s trek takes you through a scenic landscape with an ancient fort at the summit. The relatively short trail is accessible for beginners and offers rewarding views.
Anthargange is known for its unique rock formations and cave exploration opportunities. The trek is relatively easy and combines hiking with a touch of adventure.
6. Kunti Betta:
Kunti Betta is a picturesque trek with a combination of rocky terrain and lush greenery. The trail is suitable for beginners and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
Famous as the filming location for the movie “Sholay,” Ramanagara’s rocky hills provide an easy trek that offers historical significance and scenic landscapes.
8. Channarayana Durga:
Channarayana Durga features a trail that winds through dense forests and opens up to hilltop vistas. The trek offers a blend of nature and adventure.
9. Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta:
Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta is a gentle trek that takes you through a forested trail to a temple at the summit. The views of the surrounding valleys make the trek worthwhile.
Devarayanadurga offers two prominent hills—Yoga Narasimha and Bhoganarasimha—both of which can be explored through easy treks. The destination is known for its temples and natural beauty.
Tips for Enjoyable Treks:
- Proper Footwear: Wear comfortable and sturdy shoes to ensure a safe and enjoyable trekking experience.
- Hydration and Snacks: Carry enough water, snacks, and energy bars to stay hydrated and energized during the trek.
- Appropriate Clothing: Dress in lightweight, moisture-wicking clothing suitable for the weather. Carrying a light jacket is advisable for cooler temperatures.
- Sun Protection: Use sunscreen, wear a hat or cap, and carry sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun’s rays.
- Leave No Trace: Respect the environment by not littering and maintaining the cleanliness of the trail.
- Guided Tours: If you’re new to trekking, consider joining a guided trek with experienced guides who can ensure your safety and provide insights about the trail.
These easy treks near Bangalore offer a perfect introduction to the world of trekking, allowing you to connect with nature, enjoy the outdoors, and experience a sense of accomplishment. Whether you’re planning a day trip or a weekend getaway, these trails provide a breath of fresh air and a chance to escape the city’s hustle and bustle. Remember to respect nature, follow safety guidelines, and take in the beauty that surrounds you on these scenic adventures.