Sakleshpur, located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, India, is a scenic and serene destination that offers a perfect getaway for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Surrounded by lush green landscapes, mist-covered hills, and coffee plantations, Sakleshpur has a range of attractions to explore. Here are some of the must-visit places in Sakleshpur:
- Manjarabad Fort: Built by Tipu Sultan in the 18th century, this star-shaped fort is perched on a hilltop and offers panoramic views of the surrounding valleys. The fort’s unique architecture and historical significance make it a popular attraction.
- Bisle Viewpoint: For breathtaking vistas of the Western Ghats, head to Bisle Viewpoint. Situated on the Bisle Ghat, it provides a mesmerizing panoramic view of mist-covered mountains, dense forests, and the valleys below.
- Jenukal Gudda: Also known as “Honey Rock,” Jenukal Gudda is the second highest peak in Karnataka. It offers a thrilling trekking experience, rewarding you with awe-inspiring views from the top.
- Manjehalli Waterfalls: Located amidst thick forests, the Manjehalli Waterfalls is a hidden gem in Sakleshpur. Cascading down from a height, these waterfalls create a picturesque setting for a refreshing dip or a picnic.
- Hemavathi Dam: A popular picnic spot, the Hemavathi Dam is built across the Hemavathi River. The scenic beauty and serene ambiance make it an ideal place to relax, enjoy a boat ride, or indulge in fishing.
- Kaginahare Fort: Trekking enthusiasts will enjoy a hike to Kaginahare Fort, an ancient fort surrounded by dense forests. The trek to the fort offers stunning views of the valleys and is a rewarding experience for adventure seekers.
- Bettada Byraveshwara Temple: Nestled atop a hill, this ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva offers a peaceful and spiritual atmosphere. The temple’s architecture, coupled with the serene surroundings, makes it a popular pilgrimage site.
- Green Route Trek: Sakleshpur is famous for its scenic railway trek along the “Green Route.” The trek takes you through picturesque tunnels, bridges, and lush green landscapes, offering a unique and memorable experience.
- Coffee Plantations: Sakleshpur is renowned for its coffee plantations. Take a leisurely walk through the aromatic coffee estates, learn about the coffee-making process, and indulge in a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
- Sakleshwara Temple: Visit the Sakleshwara Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, known for its beautiful carvings and architecture. The temple’s serene ambiance and religious significance make it a must-visit site.
Sakleshpur is a destination that seamlessly blends nature, history, and adventure, offering a delightful experience for travelers. Whether you’re seeking breathtaking views, tranquil surroundings, or thrilling treks, Sakleshpur has something for everyone.