Bangalore, often referred to as the Silicon Valley of India, is not just a hub for techies; it also boasts a vibrant nightlife. From high-energy nightclubs to serene late-night cafés, the city has something for everyone when the sun goes down. If you’re looking to explore Bangalore after hours, here’s a list of places you shouldn’t miss:
1. Nightclubs and Lounges:
- Skyye Lounge: Located in UB City, it’s one of Bangalore’s most elite lounges, known for its electrifying ambience and city views from the terrace.
- Toit: Renowned for its in-house craft beers, this is a must-visit for beer enthusiasts.
- High Ultra Lounge: Offering panoramic views of the city, this lounge, situated in Malleshwaram, is one of the highest in South India.
2. Pubs and Microbreweries:
- Arbor Brewing Company: Situated in Brigade Road, it’s famed for its variety of craft beers.
- The Biere Club: Located in Vittal Mallya Road, this place offers a cozy ambience and a diverse selection of craft beers.
- Windmills Craftworks: A unique combination of jazz theater and microbrewery, it’s a great place to enjoy live performances.
3. Late-night Eateries:
- Empire Restaurant: With multiple outlets across the city, it’s a popular spot for night owls craving delicious kebabs and biryanis.
- Rasta Café: A little outside the city on the Bangalore-Mysore road, it’s a perfect spot for late-night drives and food.
- Shivaji Military Hotel: For those craving an early morning breakfast, this iconic place starts serving its renowned biryani as early as 6:30 AM.
4. Peaceful Spots:
- Sankey Tank: A beautiful man-made lake in Malleshwaram, it’s a calm place to stroll and enjoy the city’s serenity at night.
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens: While it closes by the evening, early risers can visit this vast garden space as early as 6 AM.
5. Street Food:
- V V Puram Food Street: By evening, this street transforms into a food lover’s paradise, offering a wide range of local delicacies.
- Koramangala and Indiranagar Streets: Buzzing with activity, you’ll find numerous stalls and eateries serving delectable street food late into the night.
6. Shopping and Entertainment:
- MG Road: One of the central commercial areas, its surroundings come alive at night with numerous shops, eateries, and pubs.
- Phoenix Marketcity: While the mall itself closes by 10 PM, the surrounding areas, including pubs and restaurants, remain active.
7. Events and Performances: Bangalore frequently hosts night marathons, live music shows, and stand-up comedy gigs. It’s worth checking local event listings during your visit.
Conclusion: Bangalore’s nightlife is as diverse as its populace. Whether you’re looking for a night of dancing, a peaceful spot to relax, or a late-night snack, the city ensures that your nocturnal adventures are filled with excitement.